Benchmarks for Profile Control Systems
- Time between switching on the profil control system and having the profile distribution at the half start-up sigma value
- Minimal achieved sigma value
- Ability to quickly adapt to non predictable changes in the process
Needs to fulfill the Benchmarks
- The thickness gauge and the profile control system must be perfectly lined-up in machine direction
- The basic centration of the die must be as good as possible
- Take care that profile variations are a combination of Machine Direction (MD) variations and Transverse Direction (TD) variations. The Profile Control System can be effective to reduce only TD variations. Hence to get a flat film, MD variations should be also reduced.